Put the verbs in brackets in the correct past tense form.
1) I (do) the homework by 5 o’clock.
2) Bill (wait) for his friend wondering where he (go).
3) He (buy) a new car as his old one (break).
4) He (work) hard and his arms (hurt).
5) Tina (be delighted) with her new watch.
6) I (feel) very tired because I (write) a report in biology.
1) I had done the homework by 5 o’clock.
2) Bill was waiting for his friend wondering where he had gone.
3) He bought a new car as his old one had been broken.
4) He had worked hard and his arms hurt.
5) Tina was delighted with her new watch.
6) I felt very tired because I had written a report in biology.